Ever since my journey into single motherhood, my life has been pretty hectic and grad school and work has been kicking my a$$! I've constantly been on the go and have been trying to be this perfect single mother, but was always falling short and having, what I like to call mini temper-tantrums in my head.
It all was beginning to take a toll on me and I missed being my fun little self again. Something had to give. So this past weekend, I skipped Aiden's swim class and took the afternoon all to myself!
First I got a massage because if my shoulders could talk, these past few weeks, they probably would have said, "lady you are insane! Are you trying to kill us?!" After the hour, I felt much better. But my day was only beginning.
Next up: shopping! David Z, H&M, and Urban Outfitters did NOT disappoint. I figured, I just went through a breakup, which makes it okay to splurge a little. Plus, it's a new season and I need (want) a couple new staple items for this Fall.
I was very happy with my finds: two pair of skinny jeans, new slacks, a new wallet, a fabulous leather bag that's big enough to fit my books and some of Aiden's crap (I mean, toys), an amazing burnt orange Fall jacket (perfect color for the season), and great necklaces. Score!And let's not forget the shoes! I love a good heel. The higher, the better. But when I went to David Z to purchase a pair of Uggs, these fabulous flat, over-the-knee boots were calling my name. And I just couldn't resist. So I got them too.
After that lovely day to myself, I felt much better. With the help of massage therapy, retail therapy, and my therapist (hey, I live in NYC where even the therapists have therapists!), I had two epiphanies:
- I don't have to overcompensate and try to be the perfect mother; I can just be the "good enough mother," and I've been doing that pretty darn well with that.
- Mommy self-care is VERY important. My mental, emotional, and physical well-being depends on it! So I need to take an afternoon/evening to myself at least once a week so I can unwind. I don't even have to go shopping or spend any money, just do something that focuses on ME.
Now... about the fabulous giveaway:
Because I love you and because it felt so gosh darn good to spend money on myself for once, I've decided that you deserve to spoil yourself too. Wouldn't it be fabulous if you had an extra $50 to spend on whatever you wanted?! Well, now you will!
- Follow this blog via Google Friends Connect and leave a comment saying that you want to win
- If you are already a follower, just leave a comment saying that you want to win... so so simple
- If you own a blog, write a post about this giveaway post and link back to here. ~ 2 entries
- Tweet about this giveaway post and leave a link to this post! ~ 1 entry
- Share this giveaway post with your Facebook friends. ~ 1 entry
- You MUST complete the mandatory entry before the extra entries
- Leave each "Extra Entry" in a seperate comment so that it can be counted
- You do not have to own a blog to follow MOM DELICIOUS and enter to win
- Valid for US addresses only
- 2 eligible entries will be randomly chosen as the winners (http://www.random.org/)
- The deadline for entries ends FRIDAY OCTOBER 8TH @ 12PM!
(Disclaimer: American Express was not a sponsor for this giveaway.)