August is incredibly mobile now and is quite literally crawling all over the place, from the time he wakes up at 5:30/6 in the morning till the time he goes to bed at 7/7:30 in the evening. I'm kinda used to the crawling around, but the touching of all of my things? Eh, not so much!
All. Of. The. Things.
And he's resourceful! Even if I block him off from certain parts of the house, he finds a way around the blockage. Needless to say, momma's got her work cut out for her!
When I'm not chasing him all around the house, it is great to see him blossoming and showing more and more of his personality everyday. He's really such a joyful baby and a lot of fun to be around. (Except when he's ruining Aiden's play things.)
|New fave toy|
|Watching Aiden Phelps-it-up at Saturday swim|
|"I *think* I'm making him fall asleep, mommy."|
- Finger foods (cooked carrots, cheerios, superfood puffs, strawberries, the list goes on and on)
- Crawling over to everyone who has food in their hands and babbling until he gets their attention and they get the hint that he wants some of their food
- The kitchen (seriously... what is it with babies and kitchen cabinets?! I can't keep him out of there!)
- Sucking my cheeks and then biting them (ouch!)
- Climbing on HEB
- While on the couch in a seated position, flipping onto his stomach, and sliding off the couch feet first
- Crawling over to the air conditioner when it's on and tasting it (#DontAsk)
- Playing with Aiden's basketball and soccer and football
- Playing with Aiden's farmhouse and farm animals
DestroyingPlaying with Aiden's play area
- Being rocked to sleep by Aiden
- Cruising all of the furniture
August doesn't like:
- When you close the kitchen or bathroom or bedroom door and don't allow him to go in there (ask me how I know)
- When he's crawling full speed towards something and you pick him up and redirect him towards something else (again... ask me how I know)
- Getting dressed (still)
- Banana chunks (I'm gonna try to offer it to him again in a few days though)
|Otherwise known as "baby bliss"|
I think this dude is gonna walk pretty soon -- he's on a mission! Stay tuned, everyone!