I can't believe it's been two months since I gave birth to Baby Delicious! Not gonna lie, the days have been long. Very long. And tiring. And emotionally draining at times. But it's been absolutely amazing. And he's just... perfect. And sweet and cuddly and lovable.
I'm in love.
So in love.
- Smiling, cooing, and "talking" with me, Aiden, HEB, and his mobile animals
- Ninja posing
- Breastmilk. Lots and lots of breastmilk
- Taking naps in his stroller
- Playing with his tongue (he discovered it and can't get enough of it)
- Making raspberry sounds
- Sticking his tongue out like a little lizard
- His pacifier (which is weird because he refused to take it for the first month of his life because he would only suck at the breast)
- Taking long naps. (I don't know what long naps ever did to August, but he seriously has something against them.)
- Whenever I wipe his neck or face with a wash rag
- Extended tummy time
He's now sleeping through the night, going to bed at around 10/11pm and waking up around 5am. During the day, he's a pretty chill baby -- alert, active, taking in his surroundings, cooing, smiling, and "talking" nonstop.
Right now, I'm knee-deep in trying to figure out his childcare situation for when I go back to work next month. I'm meeting with families and interviewing nannies for a possible nanny share and Aiden is not here for it. ("Mommy, I don't feel good about leaving August with somebody else. What if they're a bad guy or something? Can't you just take him to work with you?)
Right now, he's nursing less and drinking breastmilk from the bottle more. Because I'm trying to mimic the schedule we'll have when I get back to work.
But as much as I'm trying to prepare things for when I get back to work, I'm trying to cherish this time with my baby.
I'm trying to soak it all up. To remember the curve of his lips when he smiles, to remember the sounds of his coos, to visualize his favorite ninja pose or how his eyes widens when he's studying his hands (or anything else that he finds interesting).
Because the days may be long, but the time is flying by so quickly. I mean, he will never be two months again. And, as much as I wanna see how he'll grow into who he's called to be, I kinda wanna freeze time. And bottle it all up. And give him all the hugs and kisses and cuddles I can get.
Because he's just that precious.