|Photo via Sara Lee|
Okay, fine. That's not exactly a confession because I proclaim my love for all things sweet all the time. But, hey...
Obviously when I was invited to join the Sara Lee Sweet Treats Blogger Program, I jumped at the opportunity (after inhaling my warm sugar cookies and tall glass of cold milk, of course.)
However, the program began right smack in the middle of Lent. And, since I gave up desserts for Lent, I couldn't exactly indulge in my favorite Sara Lee treats the way that I wanted to. (Yes, it was torture for me. And yes, I felt as though I was slowly dying. Just kidding... er, sorta.)
As soon as Lent was over, I had a brownie. And as soon as I finished eating that brownie, I made plans to make one of my favorite dishes using Sara Lee's all butter pound cake -- french toast! (I know, I know... you can't control your excitement -- or tastebuds! -- either.) Since it's super easy and quick to customize recipes with this moist and delicious cake, I know that my french toast will be made to perfection.
It'll be a great way to have breakfast/dessert for dinner. And, you know I'm good for that... especially now that I'm getting my grown woman on.
Here's the lowdown on the goodness:
Prep time: 10 minute
What you'll need:
- 1 (16oz) package of Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- powered sugar (yum!)
What to do:
- Thaw the pound cake
- Slice the pound cake into twelve slices (each slice should be about 1/2-inch thick)
- Whisk eggs, extracts, and spices into a medium bowl until it's well-blended
- Dip each pound cake slice into the egg mixture making sure to coat all sides. Be sure to shake off excess batter into the bowl
- Melt the butter into a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add pound cake slices into skillet. Cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown
- Sprinkle warm, delicious fresh toast with powered sugar, top 'em with fresh fruit, or pour on a bit of maple syrup.
- Say it with me... YUMMY!
I mean, seriously... it's like what heaven is made of, and it's definitely a new fave!
Do you have any favorite Sara Lee pound cake recipes that you love? Do share!
#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Sara Lee. This could include the Sara Lee providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.